Lantzville: It’s time to choose!
Selecting Economic Actions Workshop
Thank you to the 35 residents who came out on May 15th to evaluate and prioritize economic actions for Lantzville.
Highlights: Workshop participants were asked to evaluate the draft actions in several ways. The highest scoring actions across all forms of analysis are shown below:
Smaller or less complex actions:
- Economic incentive programs to support village revitalization
- Small scale village beautification projects
- Business retention and expansion projects
Larger or more complex actions:
- Connect to Nanaimo water
- Attract businesses that meet local needs and fit local values (e.g.: coffee shop, grocery store, gift shops, bakery, ice cream, services, co-working space)
- Allow diverse housing types and increased density; attract people who want to build them
Stay up to date on the project. Newsletters contain updates, summaries of information collected through public engagement, and information on next steps.
Online Community Brainstorming (March – April 2018)
Over 100 people participated in Lantzville’s online community brainstorming session, in which people could share their ideas and ‘vote’ on other people’s ideas.
We asked “What should we do as a community to improve our economy?” and received over 150 ideas and 3500 ‘votes’ (meaning the average person voted on 33 actions!). It was nice to see that there were some common, popular themes – many people wanted a coffee shop, for example.
Stay in the loop
As the projects progress, we will be sending out updates via email. If you want to receive these updates and stay “in the know,” please sign up here: